The tenant in room 7 is very small, very twisted, and very mad.
The feature debut of director Frank Henenlotter (Brain Damage, Frankenhooker), 1982's Basket Case is a riotous and blood-spattered 'midnight movie' experience, now presented for the first time ever on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray.
Duane Bradley seems like a pretty ordinary guy. His formerly conjoined twin Belial, on the other hand, is a deformed creature who lives in a wicker basket. Arriving in the Big Apple and taking up a room at a seedy hotel, the pair set about hunting down and butchering the surgeons responsible for their separation.
Filmed on a shoestring budget against the backdrop of 1980s New York (where it played on the midnight movie circuit for over two-and-a-half years), Basket Case has clawed its way from its humble origins to become one of the most celebrated cult movies of all time.
- 4K restoration from the original 16mm negative by MoMA
- 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- Original uncompressed PCM mono audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with writer/director Frank Henenlotter and star Kevin VanHentenryck
- Archival audio commentary with Frank Henenlotter, producer Edgar Ievins, actor Beverly Bonner and filmmaker Scooter McRae
- Basket Case 3-1/2: An Interview with Duane Bradley â short film by Frank Henenlotter
- Me and the Bradley Boys â interview with actor Kevin VanHentenryck
- A Brief Interview with Director Frank Henenlotter â a strange 2017 interview with the director
- Seeing Double: The Basket Case Twins â interview with actors Florence and Maryellen Schultz
- Blood, Basket and Beyond â interview with actor Beverly Bonner
- The Latvian Connection â featurette including interviews with producer Edgar Ievins, casting person/actor Ilze Balodis, associate producer/special effects artist Ugis Nigals and Belial performer Kika Nigals
- Belial Goes to the Drive-In â interview with film critic Joe Bob Briggs
- Basket Case at MoMA â footage from the 2017 restoration premiere
- Whatâs in the Basket? â feature-length documentary covering the three films in the Basket Case series
- In Search of the Hotel Broslin â archival location featurette
- The Frisson of Fission: Basket Case, Conjoined Twins, and âFreaksâ in Cinema â video essay by Travis Crawford
- Slash of the Knife (1976, 30 mins) â short made by Frank Henenlotter featuring many of the same actors from Basket Case, including optional audio commentary with Frank Henenlotter and playwright Mike Bencivenga
- Basket Case and Slash of the Knife outtakes
- Belialâs Dream (2017, 5 mins) â animated short by filmmaker Robert Morgan
- Extensive image galleries
- Trailers, TV & radio spots
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
- Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
- Collectorâs booklet featuring writing on the film by Michael Gingold and a Basket Case comic strip by artist Martin Trafford
Cast & CrewActors:
- Beverly Bonner
- Kevin Van Hentenryck
- Terri Susan Smith
Director: Frank Henenlotter
Label: Arrow Video
Run Time: 91 mins
Release Date: 04/30/24
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.