Release Date: 12/07/21
Four essential Giallo films restored from the original camera negatives
Arrow Video continues its exploration of Italian cult cinema with this second volume of Giallo Essentials, bringing together three more suspense-filled exemplars of the genre!
In Massimo Dallamano's What Have They Done to Your Daughters? (1972), hot-headed Inspector Silvestri (Claudio Cassinelli, The Suspicious Death of a Minor) and rookie Assistant District Attorney Vittoria Stori (Giovanna Ralli, Cold Eyes of Fear) investigate the apparent suicide of a teenage girl, leading them to a sordid prostitution ring whose abusers occupy the highest echelons of Italian society. Sergio Martino's Torso (1973) helped lay the groundwork for the American Slasher Movie: when a ruthless killer begins to target the female university students of Perugia, Jane (Suzy Kendall, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage) and her friends flee for the peace of the countryside, only to discover that the threat isn't far behind. Finally, Andrea Bianchi's Strip Nude for Your Killer (1975) delivers depravity in droves as ambitious photographer Magda (Edwige Fenech, Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key) and her on-off boyfriend, love rat Carlo (Nino Castelnuovo, The English Patient), team up to solve the spate of highly sexualized murders that are rocking a prestigious Milanese fashion house.
Featuring grisly murders, amateur sleuths and motorcycle-riding maniacs, these iconic gialli are restored in 2K from their original negatives and are presented alongside a raft of juicy extras!
|Label: Arrow Video|
|Run Time: 373 mins|
- LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- 2K restorations from the original negatives
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations
- Two versions of Torso, the original 94-minute Italian cut and 90-minute English cut
- Original lossless mono Italian and English soundtracks*
- English subtitles for the Italian soundtracks
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtracks
- Rigid box packaging with new artwork by Haunt Love in windowed Giallo Essentials slipcover
- DISC 1: WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS?
- Commentary by giallo expert Troy Howarth
- Video essay by Kat Ellinger, editor-in-chief of Diabolique Magazine
- Eternal Melody, interview with composer Stelvio Cipriani
- Dallamanoâs Touch, interview with editor Antonio Siciliano
- Unused footage
- Alternate English opening titles
- Italian theatrical trailer
- Image gallery
- DISC 2: TORSO
- Commentary critic by Kat Ellinger
- Interview with co-writer/director Sergio Martino
- Interview with actor Luc Merenda
- Interview with co-writer Ernesto Gastaldi
- Interview with filmmaker Federica Martino, daughter of Sergio Martino
- 2017 Abertoir International Horror Festival Q&A with Sergio Martino
- Interview with Mikel J. Koven, author of La Dolce Morte: Vernacular Cinema and the Italian Giallo Film
- Option to view the film with the alternate US opening title sequence
- Italian and English theatrical trailers
- DISC 3: STRIP NUDE FOR YOUR KILLER
- Commentary by HORRORPEDIA.comâs Adrian J. Smith and David Flint
- Sex and Death with a Smile, video essay by Kat Ellinger on giallo icon Edwige Fenech
- A Good Man for the Murders, interview with actor Nino Castelnuevo
- The Blonde Salamander, interview with actress Erna Schurer
- The Art of Helping, interview with assistant director Daniele Sangiorgi
- Jack of All Trades, interview with actor and production manager Tino Polenghi
- Two versions of the opening scene
- Original Italian and English theatrical trailers
- Image gallery
- *The English audio track on the original cut of Torso has portions missing, which were either never recorded or have been lost. These sequences are presented in Italian subtitled in English.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.