Release Date: 07/18/23
UNLOCK THE SECRET...
Academy Award-winning filmmaker Martin Scorsese directs this audacious adaptation of Brian Selznick's award winning novel, a magical, mysterious adventure and an exhilarating ode to cinema itself.
Hugo Cabret is an orphan, living secretly in the walls of a Paris train station, tending to the many clocks, stealing what he needs to survive and hiding from the ruthless station inspector. But his clandestine life and precious secrets are threatened when he is caught thieving by the bitter old man who runs a toy booth at the station, and Hugo's world becomes enmeshed with that of the shop owner and his bookish granddaughter. A cryptic drawing, a treasured notebook, a mechanical man, and a hidden message from Hugo's dead father are all connected to a place where dreams are made.
A heartfelt love letter to the magic of moving pictures, Hugo is a triumph of imaginative movie making and a gift for film-lovers everywhere. This epic Arrow Video edition marks the film's debut on stunning 4K UHD and comes packed with a bounty of new extras.
|Label: Arrow Video|
|Run Time: 126 mins|
- 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- 4K Ultra HD (2160p) debut of the 2D version of the film
- Includes High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation of the film in 2D and 3D
- Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tommy Pocket
- Illustrated collectorâs booklet with writing by film critic Farran Smith Nehme
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tommy Pocket
- DISCS ONE & TWO â FEATURE & EXTRAS (BLU-RAY + 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY)
- 4K Ultra HD (2160p) presentation of the 2D version of the film in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation of the film in 2D and 3D
- DTS-HD MA 7.1 and 2.0 audio options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by filmmaker and writer Jon Spira, publisher of The Lost Autobiography of Georges MÃ©liÃ¨s
- Theatrical trailer
- DISC THREE â BONUS DISC (BLU-RAY)
- Inventing Hugo Cabret, a new interview with Brian Selznick author and illustrator of the original novel on which the film is based
- Capturing Dreams, a new interview with director of photography Robert Richardson
- The Music of Dreams, a new interview with composer Howard Shore
- Ian Christie on Hugo, a new interview with the acclaimed film historian and editor of Scorsese on Scorsese
- Secret Machines: Hugo and Film Preservation, a new visual essay by filmmaker and critic Scout Tafoya
- Creating New Worlds, a new featurette in which French film historian and author Julien Dupuy examines the life and the legacy of Georges Melies and his impact on cinema and special effects
- Papa Georges Made Movies, a new featurette in which film critic and historian Pamela Hutchinson explores the days of early cinema
- Melies at the time of Hugo, a new a visual essay by filmmaker and writer Jon Spira
- Five archival featurettes on the making of the film - Shoot the Moon: The Making of Hugo, The Cinemagician: Georges MeliÃ©s, The Mechanical Man at the Heart of Hugo, Big Effects, Small Scale and Sacha Baron Cohen: Role of a Lifetime
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.