Release Date: 11/24/20
A winner of awards across the world including Best Foreign Language Film Oscar, 5 BAFTA Awards including Best Actor, Original Screenplay and Score, the Grand Prize of the Jury at the Cannes Film Festival and many more.
Giuseppe Tornatore's loving homage to the cinema tells the story of Salvatore, a successful film director, returning home for the funeral of Alfredo, his old friend who was the projectionist at the local cinema throughout his childhood. Soon memories of his first love affair with the beautiful Elena and all the highs and lows that shaped his life come flooding back, as Salvatore reconnects with the community he left 30 years earlier.
Giuseppe Tornatore's classic is presented in its original award-winning theatrical version and in the expanded Director's Cut, which delves deeper into Salvatore's backstory.
|Label: Arrow Academy|
|Run Time: 298 mins|
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of two versions of the film: the 124 minute theatrical version and the 174 minute Directorâs Cut
- Uncompressed original stereo 2.0 Audio and 5.1 surround sound options
- Optional English subtitles
- Audio commentary with director Giuseppe Tornatore and Italian cinema expert critic Millicent Marcus
- A Dream of Sicily â A 52-minute documentary profile of Giuseppe Tornatore with interviews with the director and extracts from his early home movies and interviews with director Francesco Rosi and painter Peppino Ducato, set to music by Ennio Morricone
- A Bear and a Mouse in Paradise â A 27-minute documentary on the making of Cinema Paradiso and the characters of Toto and Alfredo, featuring interviews the actors who play them, Philippe Noiret and Salvatore Cascio as well as Tornatore
- The Kissing Sequence â Giuseppe Tornatore discusses the origins of the kissing scenes with clips identifying each scene
- Original Directorâs Cut Theatrical Trailer and 25th Anniversary Re-Release Trailer
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.