Release Date: 06/25/19
Continuing its mission to unearth the very best in weird and wonderful horror obscura from the golden age of US independent genre moviemaking, Arrow Video is proud to present the long-awaited second volume in its American Horror Project series co-curated by author Stephen Thrower (Nightmare USA: The Untold Story of the Exploitation Independents).
Starting off with a little-seen 1970 offering from underrated cult auteur John Hayes (Grave of the Vampire, Garden of the Dead), Dream No Evil is a haunting, moving tale of a young woman's desperate quest to be reunited with her long-lost father - only to find herself drawn into a fantasyland of homicidal madness. Meanwhile, 1976's Dark August stars Academy Award-winner Kim Hunter (A Streetcar Named Desire) in a story of a man pursued by a terrifying and deadly curse in the wake of a hit-and-run accident. Lastly, 1977's Harry Novak-produced The Child is a gloriously delirious slice of horror mayhem in which a young girl raises an army of the dead against the people she holds responsible for her mother's death.
With all three films having been newly remastered from the best surviving film elements and appearing here for the first time ever on Blu-ray, alongside a wealth of supplementary material, American Horror Project Volume Two offers up yet another fascinating and blood-chilling foray into the deepest, darkest corners of stars-and-stripes terror.
|Label: Arrow Video|
|Run Time: 254 mins|
- Brand new 2K restorations from original film elements
- High Definition Blu-ray presentation
- Original uncompressed PCM mono audio
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Reversible sleeves for each film featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by The Twins of Evil
- American Horror Project Journal Vol. II - limited edition 60-page booklet featuring new writing on the films by Stephen R. Bissette, Travis Crawford and Amanda Reyes
- Dream No Evil - Filmed appreciation by Stephen Thrower
- Dream No Evil - Brand new audio commentary with Kat Ellinger and Samm Deighan
- Dream No Evil - Hollywood After Dark: The Early Films of John Hayes, 1959-1971 - brand new video essay by Stephen Thrower looking at Hayes' filmography leading up to Dream No Evil
- Dream No Evil - Writer Chris Poggiali on the prodigious career of celebrated character actor Edmond O'Brien
- Dream No Evil - Excerpts from an audio interview with actress Rue McClanahan (The Golden Girls) discussing her many cinematic collaborations with director John Hayes
- Dark August - Filmed appreciation by Stephen Thrower
- Dark August - Brand new audio commentary with writer-director Martin Goldman
- Dark August - Brand new on-camera interview with Martin Goldman
- Dark August - Brand new on-camera interview with producer Marianne Kanter
- Dark August - The Hills Are Alive: Dark August and Vermont Folk Horror - author and artist Stephen R. Bissette on Dark August and its context within the wider realm of genre filmmaking out of Vermont
- Dark August - Original Press Book
- The Child - 1.37:1 and 1.85:1 presentations of the feature
- The Child - Filmed appreciation by Stephen Thrower
- The Child - Brand new audio commentary with director Robert Voskanian and producer Robert Dadashian, moderated by Stephen Thrower
- The Child - Brand new on-camera interviews with Robert Voskanian and Robert Dadashian
- The Child - Original Theatrical Trailer
- The Child - Original Press Book
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.