From the director of Animal House... A Different Kind of Animal.
One of the greatest directors of the 1980s, John Landis (The Blues Brothers, Trading Places), expertly combines macabre horror with dark humor in the lycanthropic classic, An American Werewolf in London.
American tourists David (David Naughton) and Jack (Griffin Dunne) are savaged by an unidentified vicious animal whilst hiking on the Yorkshire Moors. David awakes in a London hospital to find his friend dead and his life in disarray. Retiring to the home of a beautiful nurse (Jenny Agutter, Walkabout) to recuperate, he soon experiences disturbing changes to his mind and body, undergoing a full-moon transformation that will unleash terror on the streets of the capital...
An American Werewolf in London had audiences howling with laughter and recoiling in terror upon its cinema release. Landis' film has gone on to become one of the most important horror films of its decade, rightly lauded for its masterful set-pieces, uniquely unsettling atmosphere and Rick Baker's truly ground-breaking, Oscar-winning special make-up effects. Now newly restored and presented with an abundance of extra features, this big beast of horror can be devoured as never before...
- New 2019 restoration from the original camera negative supervised by John Landis
- High Definition Blu-rayâ¢ (1080p) presentation
- Original uncompressed 1.0 mono and optional 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- New audio commentary by Beware the Moon filmmaker Paul Davis
- Audio commentary by actors David Naughton and Griffin Dunne
- Mark of The Beast: The Legacy of the Universal Werewolf, newly produced, featurelength documentary by filmmaker Daniel Griffith, featuring interviews with John Landis, David Naughton, Joe Dante and more
- An American Filmmaker in London, newly filmed interview with John Landis in which he reflects on British cinema and his time working in Britain
- I Think Heâs a Jew: The Werewolfâs Secret, new video essay by filmmaker Jon Spira (Elstree 1976) about how Landisâ film explores Jewish identity
- The Werewolfâs Call, Corin Hardy, director of The Hallow and The Nun, chats with writer Simon Ward about their formative experiences with Landisâ film
- Wares of the Wolf, new featurette in which SFX artist Dan Martin and Tim Lawes of Prop Store look at some of the original costumes and special effects artefacts from the film
- Beware the Moon, Paul Davisâ acclaimed, feature-length exploration of Landisâ film which boasts extensive cast and crew interviews
- Making An American Werewolf in London, a short archival featurette on the filmâs production
- An Interview with John Landis, a lengthy archival interview with the director about the film
- Make-up Artist Rick Baker on An American Werewolf in London, the legendary make-up artist discusses his work on the film
- I Walked with a Werewolf, an archival interview with Rick Baker about Universal horror and its legacy of Wolfman films
- Casting of the Hand, archival footage from Rick Bakerâs workshop showing the casting of David Naughtonâs hand
- Storyboards featurette
- Original trailers, teasers and TV spots
- Extensive image gallery featuring over 200 stills, posters and other ephemera
- Reversible sleeve featuring original poster art and artwork by Graham Humphreys
Cast & CrewActors:
- David Naughton
- Jenny Agutter
- Joe Belcher
- Griffin Dunne
- Rik Mayall
- Brian Glover
Director: John Landis
Producer: George Folsey Jr.
Producer: Peter Guber
Producer: Jon Peters
Label: Arrow Video
Run Time: 97 mins
Release Date: 10/29/19
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.