Release Date: 08/09/16
The celebrated Battles Without Honor and Humanity series continues with its second episode, Hiroshima Death Match, setting aside part one protagonist Shozo Hirono (Bunta Sugawara) to follow a side story showcasing genre icons Sonny Chiba (The Street Fighter) and Meiko Kaji (Female Convict 701: Scorpion).
Hiroshima, 1950. Demobilized kamikaze pilot Shoji Yamanaka (Kinya Kitaoji) is released from prison and finds himself hungry and broke. Following a bust up with a local gang, he earns the psychotic wrath of local underboss Otomo (Chiba), but Yamanaka's suicidal impulses are soon put to good use as a hitman for another gang, befriending series hero Shozo Hirono in the process. Despite a budding but forbidden romance with the boss's niece (Kaji), Yamanaka's instability and recklessness soon begin to make him a dangerous liability.
Taking an even more fatalistic turn than the series' original entry, Hiroshima Death Match tells the story of the ultimate loser, based on a true story uncovered by screenwriter Kazuo Kasahara while interviewing real-life Hiroshima yakuza for part one. A prosperous era may be dawning for the protagonists, but one with new characters and new grudges to draw them more deeply into its world of blood and betrayal.
|Label: Arrow Video|
|Run Time: 100 mins|
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
- Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Optional English subtitles
- All the Bad Guys - a new, comprehensive video guide to the actors in the films
- Man of Action - a new interview with series fight choreographer Ryuzo Ueno
- Original trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Reinhard Kleist
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.