With the release of 'Greetings From Texas' and 'Greetings From Tennessee', '?and more bears records' inaugurated its project on regional music. Now we have added 'Greetings from Oklahoma, 'Greetings From Hawaii,' 'Greetings From Georgia,' and 'Greetings from Alabama. '
Each CD in the series features a generous collection of songs focused upon a particular state. In true '?and more bears' fashion, we will include both well-known titles (such as Oklahoma Hills and Everybody Does It In Hawaii) as well as more obscure items drawn from the 'deep catalogue' of numerous record companies. No matter how much of a patriot or a record collector you are, this series will manage to surprise you. Each entry will also feature a blend of famous artists like Hank Williams and Willie Nelson rubbing shoulders with singers who were barely household names in their own homes. Their common goal is to sing the pride of life in a particular state.
States have separate identities that help Americans distinguish themselves from one another. When 'Tonight Show' host Jay Leno happens to mention the name of a state during his nightly monologue, it's usually followed by scattered but wild cheering from the audience. Everyone understands. That noisy response is telling millions of people, ''I'm from there! I'm so proud of being from Tennessee or Alabama or Virginia that I'm sitting here shouting and applauding like a fool. '' Being proud of where you come from is a passionate business and sometimes that pride just can't be contained by national borders. This series is all about regional pride (''I'm an American, hell yes! But I'm also a Texan!'').
Each CD will be accompanied by a humorous but informative essay by music historian Hank Davis. The songs we select will represent the decades from the 1940s through the 1990s, Read more at: https://www.bear-family.de/
- The Louvin Brothers - Alabama
- Sons Of The Pioneers - Alabamy Stomp
- Rex Griffin - Down In Old Alabama
- Curtis Gordon - Mobile, Alabama
- Rod Morris - Alabama Jail House
- Pee Wee King - Going Back To A.L.A.
- Denver Duke & Jeffrey Null - Hank Willams, That Alabama Boy
- Red Foley - Alabama Jubilee
- Cowboy Copas - Alabam
- Pee Wee King - Alabama Moon
- Louis Jordan - I'm Alabama Bound
- Ricky Nelson - Stars Fell On Alabama
- Ella Mae Morse - Birmingham
- Louis Jordan - Fat Sam From Birmingham
- Mabel King - Alabama Rock 'n' Roll
- Dick Curless - Old Ramblin' Alabama Me
- Bobby Bare - Alabama Rose
- Wilf Carter - Alabama Saturday Night
- Slim Whitman - Birmingham Jail
- Pee Wee King - Birmingham Bounce
- Bill Monroe - Alabama Waltz
- Sons Of The Pioneers - Mellow Alabama Moon
- John D. Loudermilk - Big Daddy's Alabama Bound
- Hank Davis - Montgomery, Alabama
- Alabama - Sweet Home Alabama
Label: Bear Family Records
Run Time: 40 mins
Release Date: 01/02/07
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.