Release Date: 11/03/20
All aboard! The combined spirits of H.P. Lovecraft, early Sam Raimi and Mystery Science Theater 3000 inhabit this action-packed tale of nautical derring-do and monster mayhem - winner of the Audience Award for Best International Feature at the 2019 Fantasia Film Festival.
On the shores of Lake Michigan, the eccentric Captain Seafield (Ryland Brickson Cole Tews, who also writes and directs) enlists a colourful crew of misfits in a bid to slay the hellish sea monster that prowls the murky depths. But as Seafield's obsession with exacting revenge on the creature that killed his father threatens to consume him, can weapons expert Sean Shaughnessy (Erick West), sonar whiz Nedge Pepsi (Beulah Peters) and former N.A.V.Y. - Nautical Athletes and Adventure Yunit - officer Dick Flynn (Daniel Long) hold the show together?
Shot in gloriously retro black and white on a shoestring budget, with most of the cast also performing multiple roles behind the camera, Lake Michigan Monster is an inventive, irreverent and riotously entertaining ode to the classic monster movies of yesteryear: an absurdist urban legend guaranteed to appeal to the big kid in all of us.
|Label: Arrow Video|
|Run Time: 78 mins|
- High Definition Blu-rayâ¢ (1080p) presentation
- Original lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 stereo soundtracks
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Two cast and crew audio commentaries featuring writer/director/actor Ryland Tews and actors Daniel Long, Beulah Peters, Erick West and editor Mike Cheslik â one sober, one drunk!
- Criticsâ audio commentary with Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Emma Westwood
- Effects Breakdown comparison of the filmâs underwater sequence, including storyboards and pre-composited footage
- Dear Old Captain Seafield â the Captain Seafield theme song, performed by the Seafield Monster Sextet
- Interview in a Cabin â interview with Ryland Tews and Daniel Long at the Fantasia International Film Festival
- Interview in a Bar â interviews with the cast and crew at the Beloit International Film Festival
- Interview by a Fire â interview with Mike Cheslik on Mark Borchardtâs Cinema Fireside radio show
- The first season and pilot episode of L.I.P.S., Ryland Tews and Mike Cheslikâs hybrid animation/live action sci-fi comedy web series
- Theatrical trailer
- Behind the scenes photos
- Reversible sleeve featuring original artwork by Jade Watring and newly commissioned artwork by Colin Murdoch
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectorâs booklet featuring new writing on the film by Barry Forshaw
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.