Available on February 9th
This collectors edition is a must for any Millington fan! Filled with new extras, collectable boxset and a 80-page book.
This collector s edition is a must for any Millington fan! Filled with scintillating new extras, packaged in a collectable case (displaying brand new artwork throughout) and including a huge 80-page book, written by biographer Simon Sheridan (author of Keeping the British End Up: Four Decades of Saucy Cinema) and with an introduction by producer David Sullivan.
Released to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Mary Millington s death, this special edition Blu-ray box set (limited to 3,000 copies) features Mary s most glamorous film roles, digitally remastered in high definition, including: Come Play with Me (1977), The Playbirds (1978), Confessions from the David Galaxy Affair (1979), Queen of the Blues (1979), Mary Millington s True Blue Confessions (1980), Mary Millington s World Striptease Extravaganza (1981) plus Respectable: The Mary Millington Story (2015), an in-depth documentary chronicling her extraordinary life.
- In Bed with Josie Harrison Marks (new interview with Josie Harrison Marks, the daughter of Come Play With Me s director George Harrison Marks).
- Sex Is My Business (8mm softcore short film, 1975)
- 8mmillington Documentary (compilation of the tamer sequences from Mary s hardcore 8mm films)
- New Come Play with Me audio commentary by biographer Simon Sheridan and actress Sue Longhurst
- Come Play with Me original 1977 trailer
- Ten Million Dirty Words (brand new featurette about Harry Knights, the Nottingham-based porn writer who helped create Mary s image).
- Confessions of a Photographer (new interview with George Richardson, the photographer who snapped Mary topless at 10 Downing Street)
- Response (8mm softcore short film, 1974)
- New The Playbirds audio commentary by biographer Simon Sheridan and director Willy Roe.
- David Galaxy and Me (new interview with actress Sally Faulkner, who recalls working with Alan Lake on Confessions from the David Galaxy Affair)
- Mary on Location (new Then and Now travelogue revisiting the main locations in Mary s life and films, narrated by actress Judy Matheson)
- Wild Lovers (8mm softcore short film, 1974)
- Party Pieces (8mm softcore short film, 1974)
- Arabian Knights (8mm softcore short film)
- Aural Sex (Mary Millington s archive voice recording; with a new introduction by adult actress Clyda Rosen)
- The Naked Truth (alternate 1982 introduction to the VHS release of True Blue Confessions )
- Emmanuelle In Soho prologue (elements from Mary Millington s True Blue Confessions were re-edited to create this prologue for 1981 s Emmanuelle in Soho)
- New Mary Millington s True Blue Confessions audio commentary by biographer Simon Sheridan and executive producer David Sullivan.
- New Queen of the Blues audio commentary by biographer Simon Sheridan and actor Allan Warren.
- Respectable: The Mary Millington Story audio commentary by director Simon Sheridan and the BFI's Sam Dunn.
- Millington/Sheridan (interview with filmmaker and writer Simon Sheridan)
- Respectable Mary Millington trailer
- Special packaging in a rigid slipcase and an 80-page booklet
- Brand new extras, including short films/docs, audio commentary
- Special collector's edition (limited to 3,000)
- First Ever Blu-Ray releases of Come Play with me, The Playbirds & Confessions From the David Galaxy Affair
Sheridan's documentary on Millington's life is very well done, managing to not just provide biographical data, but also give a sociopolitical and cultural context to it all, and the actual Millington films he has assembled are often unexpectedly winning in their own weird ways. Recommended.
If you love Millington, or are a fan of sexploitation flicks, this set is an absolute must own; it's a solid collection of the star's softcore output, and the bonus material is extraordinary. Highly recommended!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.