Release Date: 09/18/18
Throughout the late 1960s and into the 70s, the Italian giallo movement transported viewers to the far corners of the globe, from swinging San Francisco to the Soviet-occupied Prague. Only one, however, brought the genre's unique brand of bloody mayhem as far as Australia: director Flavio Mogherini (Delitto passionale)'s tragic and poetic The Pyjama Girl Case.
The body of a young woman is found on the beach, shot in the head, burned to hide her identity and dressed in distinctive yellow pyjamas. With the Sydney police stumped, former Inspector Timpson (Ray Milland, Dial M for Murder) comes out of retirement to crack the case. Treading where the 'real' detectives can't, Timpson doggedly pieces together the sad story of Dutch immigrant Glenda Blythe (Dalila Di Lazzaro, Phenomena) and the unhappy chain of events which led to her grisly demise.
Inspired by the real-life case which baffled the Australian police and continues to spark controversy and unanswered questions to this day, The Pyjama Girl Case is a uniquely haunting latter-day giallo from the tail end of the genre's boom period, co-starring Michele Placido (director of Romanzo Criminale) and Howard Ross (The New York Ripper), and featuring a memorably melancholic score by veteran composer Riz Ortolani (Don't Torture a Duckling).
|Label: Arrow Video|
|Run Time: 102 mins|
- Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original lossless mono Italian and English soundtracks
- Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
- New audio commentary by Troy Howarth, author of So Deadly, So Perverse: 50 Years of Italian Giallo Films
- New video interview with author and critic Michael Mackenzie on the internationalism of the giallo
- New video interview with actor Howard Ross
- New video interview with editor Alberto Tagliavia
- Archival interview with composer Riz Ortolani
- Image gallery
- Italian theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Chris Malbon
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector's booklet featuring new writing by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.