Release Date: 05/15/18
After shocking and outraging the world with his genre-defining 1963 gore-fest Blood Feast, exploitation pioneer H.G. Lewis would seek (and positively succeed!) to outdo himself with the deliciously depraved Two Thousand Maniacs!
When a group of Yankee tourists take a detour and wind up in the small Southern town of Pleasant Valley - which has magically rematerialized 100 years after its destruction during the Civil War - they find themselves welcomed by the eager townsfolk as guests of honour at their centennial celebrations. Little do the Northerners know that the festivities are set to include torture, death and dismemberment...
Also including H.G. Lewis' fist fightin', hooch-swillin' epic Moonshine Mountain as a bonus feature, this is one double-dose of hicksploitation truly worthy of an almighty 'Yeehah!'
|Label: Arrow Video|
|Run Time: 83 mins|
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original Uncompressed PCM Mono Audio
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Bonus Feature! 1964's Moonshine Mountain
- Introductions to the films by H.G. Lewis
- Archive audio commentary on Two Thousand Maniacs! by H.G. Lewis
- Two Thousand Maniacs Can't be Wrong - filmmaker Tim Sullivan on H.G. Lewis' gore classic
- Hickspoitation: Confidential - visual essay on the depiction of the American South in exploitation cinema
- David Friedman: The Gentlemen's Smut Peddler - a tribute to legendary producer David F. Friedman featuring interviews with H.G. Lewis, filmmakers Fred Olen Ray and Tim Sullivan and editor Bob Murawski
- Herschell's Art of Advertising - H.G. Lewis shares his expert opinion on the art of selling movies
- Two Thousand Maniacs! Outtakes
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by The Twins of Evil
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.