Release Date: 09/05/23
Two years before The Godfather and three years before The Sting, there was Borsalino, a wildly entertaining period-set gangster movie that brought together two icons of French cinema, Jean-Paul Belmondo (Breathless) and Alain Delon (Le Samourai).
Marseille, 1930: small-time gangster Roch Siffredi (Delon) is released from prison and finds his former girlfriend Lola (Catherine Rouvel, Picnic on the Grass) has moved on and is now with Francois Capella (Belmondo), another petty crook. Initially at odds, the two men form a partnership that will see them rise through the ranks of organised crime in Marseille. But how far will they go in their pursuit of power and what price will they be forced to pay?
Directed by Jacques Deray (La Piscine), written by Jean-Claude Carriere (Belle Du Jour), with a score by French Jazz pianist Claude Bolling, and costumes by Jacques Fonteray (Barbarella), Borsalino is a gallic gangster classic!
|Label: Arrow Video|
|Run Time: 125 mins|
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
- Original lossless mono French and English audio options
- Optional English subtitles
- New audio commentary by film scholar Josh Nelson
- The Music of Borsalino, a new interview with composer and film historian Neil Brand on Claude Bollingâs score
- Dressing Down, a new interview with film scholar Elizabeth Castaldo LundÃ©n on Jacques Fonterayâs costume designs for Borsalino
- Le Magnifique Belmondo, an archive extra celebrating the unique talent and career of the beloved French actor
- Theatrical trailer
- Image gallery
- Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Ginette Vincendeau and an archival piece by Elisa Fulco
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella
- Double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella - Six postcard-sized reproduction artcards
- Six postcard-sized reproduction artcards
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.