Release Date: 02/08/22
THE SCREEN STRETCHES TO NEW HORIZONS TO TELL THE EPIC STORY OF THE SOUTHWEST!
After making his first bonafide classic in Ride the High Country, director Sam Peckinpah took a step towards the epic with Major Dundee. The film would, in many ways, define the rest of his career both on screen and off, as the drama behind the camera matched the action in front of it.
Charlton Heston stars as Major Amos Dundee, a vainglorious Union Cavalry officer, who mounts an expedition to hunt down Apache war chief Sierra Charriba. Building his own army of criminals, ex-slaves and Confederate POWs - among them one Captain Ben Tyreen (Richard Harris), whose intense former friendship with Dundee is tainted with a sense of betrayal on both sides - Dundee heads into Mexico, his eye fixed firmly on a last shot at greatness.
Beautifully shot and with a stellar supporting cast including James Coburn, Warren Oates, and L.Q. Jones, Major Dundee remains a stunning achievement and an essential experience for anyone interested in the life and cinema of 'Bloody Sam.' The film is presented in its extended version, alongside a wealth of illuminating extras.
|Label: Arrow Video|
|Run Time: 136 mins|
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation from a 4K scan by Sony Pictures
- DTS-HD MA 5. 1 surround audio with new score by Christopher Caliendo
- Lossless original mono audio with original score by Daniele Amfitheatrof
- Optional English subtitle s for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with Nick Redman, David Weddle, Garner Simmons, and Paul Seydor
- Audio commentary by historian/critics Glenn Erickson and Alan K. Rode
- Audio commentary by historian/critic Glenn Erickson
- Moby Dick on Horseback, a visual essay by David Cairns
- Passion & Poetry: The Dundee Odyssey, a feature-length documentary about the making of Major Dundee by Mike Siegel, featuring James Coburn, Senta Berger, Mario Adorf, L.Q. Jones, R.G. Armstrong, and Gordon Dawson
- Passion & Poetry: Peckinpah Anecdotes, nine actors talk about working with legendary director Sam Peckinpah, featuring Kris Kristofferson, Ernest Borgnine, James Coburn, David Warner, Ali MacGraw , L.Q. Jones, Bo Hopkins, R.G. Armstrong, and Isela Vega
- Mike Siegel: About the Passion & Poetry Project, in which filmmaker Mike Siegel talks about his beginnings and his ongoing historical project about director Sam Peckinpah
- Animated stills galleries, featuring rare on set, behind the scenes, and marketing materials
- 2005 re-release trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.