Release Date: 07/19/22
RoboCop, from Orion Pictures, marked Flesh + Blood director Paul Verhoeven's Hollywood debut and instantly became an enduring sci-fi/action classic when it landed in theaters in the summer of 1987. Verhoeven's peerlessly exciting and kinetic visuals were matched by a sharp script, iconic cast and exceptional special effects by Rob Bottin (The Thing) and Phil Tippett (The Empire Strikes Back).
The film takes place in Detroit in the not-too-distant future. Heroic cop Alex Murphy (Peter Weller, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai) is gunned down in the line of duty, only to be resurrected as RoboCop - a cybernetic mix of spare human parts and Motor City steel, and the latest defense against crime designed by the all-powerful OCP Corporation. As RoboCop's memories of his former life as Murphy resurface, only his ex-partner (Nancy Allen, Dressed To Kill) stands beside him to fight against the vicious thugs responsible for his death, as well as a nefarious top-level OCP executive orchestrating the chaos from above.
Unsurpassably thrilling, unexpectedly moving and unforgettably hilarious in equal measure, the future of law enforcement is back on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray in a restored Director's Cut, packed with hours of bonus features.
|Label: Arrow Video|
|Genre: Sci Fi/Fantasy|
|Run Time: 103 mins|
- 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative by MGM, transferred in 2013 and approved by Paul Verhoeven
- 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- Original lossless stereo and four-channel mixes plus DTS-HD MA 5.1 and Dolby Atmos surround sound options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Commentary by Paul Verhoeven, executive producer Jon Davison and co-writer Ed Neumeier (originally recorded for the Theatrical Cut and re-edited in 2014 for the Directorâs Cut)
- Commentary by film historian Paul M. Sammon
- Commentary by fans Christopher Griffiths, Gary Smart and Eastwood Allen
- The Future of Law Enforcement: Creating RoboCop, interview with co-writer Michael Miner
- RoboTalk, conversation between co-writer Ed Neumeier and filmmakers David Birke (writer of Elle) and Nicholas McCarthy (director of Orion Picturesâ The Prodigy)
- Truth of Character, interview with star Nancy Allen on her role as Lewis
- Casting Old Detroit, interview with casting director Julie Selzer on how the filmâs ensemble cast was assembled
- Connecting the Shots, interview with second unit director and frequent Verhoeven collaborator Mark Goldblatt
- Analog, featurette on the special photographic effects, including interviews with Peter Kuran and Kevin Kutchaver
- More Man Than Machine: Composing RoboCop, tribute to composer Basil Poledouris featuring film music experts Jeff Bond, Lukas Kendall, Daniel Schweiger and Robert Townson
- RoboProps, tour of super-fan Julien Dumontâs collection of original props and memorabilia
- 2012 Q&A with the Filmmakers, panel discussion featuring Verhoeven, Davison, Neumeier, Miner, Allen, star Peter Weller and animator Phil Tippett
- RoboCop: Creating A Legend, Villains of Old Detroit, Special Effects: Then & Now, three archive featurettes from 2007 featuring interviews with cast and crew
- Paul Verhoeven Easter Egg
- Four deleted scenes
- The Boardroom: Storyboard with Commentary by Phil Tippett
- Directorâs Cut Production Footage, raw dailies from the filming of the unrated gore scenes, presented in 4K (SDR)
- Two theatrical trailers and three TV spots
- Extensive image galleries
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.