Release Date: 02/27/24
After wooing stewardess Yoriko, war photographer Hondo sees her kidnapped by a team of deadly female assassins.
After wooing stewardess Yoriko (Chieko Matsubara, Tokyo Drifter), war photographer Hondo (Akira Kobayashi, Battles Without Honor and Humanity) sees her kidnapped by a team of deadly female assassins who use vinyl records as weapons. Investigating her whereabouts, Hondo uncovers a conspiracy to steal a buried stash of WWII-era gold. Soon he must dodge go-go dancing ninjas and chewing-gum bullets to save Yoriko, whose family secret is tied to the hidden treasure. Every bit as stylish and inventive as the wildest works by his mentor Seijun Suzuki, Yasuharu Hasebe's spy spoof is a gaudy 1960s pop delight that ranks with the likes of Joseph Losey's Modesty Blaise and Mario Bava's Danger: Diabolik!
|Run Time: 87 mins|
- High-Definition digital transfer
- Uncompressed mono PCM audio
- Audio commentary by Jasper Sharp
- Archival interview with director Yasuharu Hasebe
- Optional English subtitles
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Time Tomorrow
- Limited edition booklet featuring new writing by Japanese cinema expert Chris D.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.