Release Date: 01/30/24
In the aftermath of World War II, a writer's love affair with another woman drives his wife mad with distrust.
In the aftermath of World War II, a writer's love affair with another woman drives his wife mad with distrust. Realising his errors, he tries all he can to save her from literally losing her mind. Kohei Oguri's haunting adaptation of the novel by Toshio Shimao is shot in a hyperreal style that is equal parts painterly and unflinching. Featuring striking set design, powerful lead performances and a vivid evocation of small-town life in postwar Japan, The Sting of Death won the Grand Jury Prize at the Cannes Film Festival while stars Ittoku Kishibe and Keiko Matsuzaka won numerous awards for their performances. Radiance Films is proud to present this remarkable film on Blu-ray for the first time in the world.
|Run Time: 115 mins|
- Documentary on the Japanese film renaissance of the 1990s featuring interviews with Kohei Oguri, Kiyoshi Kurosawa, Kaneto Shindo and others (Hubert Niogret, 2011, 52 mins)
- Interview with film scholar Hideki Maeda (2023)
- Newly translated English subtitles
- Reversible sleeve featuring designs based on original posters
- Limited edition booklet featuring a newly translated interview with director Kohei Oguri
- Limited edition of 3000 copies, presented in full-height Scanavo packaging with removable OBI strip leaving packaging free of certificates and markings
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.