Release Date: 10/25/22
Dr. Amanda Hollins calls on her son John to eliminate all evidence of her genetic experiments, including a monster named 'Anthony'!
Academy AwardÂ®-winning screen legends Rod Steiger (In the Heat of the Night; Duck, You Sucker) and Kim Hunter (A Streetcar Named Desire; Planet of the Apes) star in The Kindred, a chilling tale of a genetic experiment gone wrong... very wrong!
Kim Hunter is Dr. Amanda Hollins, a molecular scientist who calls on her son John (David Allen Brooks) to eliminate all evidence of her genetic experiments... most specifically her 'Anthony Journals.' Dr. Philip Lloyd (Steiger), an acquaintance of Hollins who is familiar with her experiments, wants to continue her studies no matter the cost! John heads to his isolated childhood home with a group of friends to uncover his mother's research and destroy it all. There's something else in the house, however... something watching and waiting... a tentacled creature born from the desire to alter human evolution. It's evil. It's mad. It's ready to kill!
One of the best 'creature features' of the 1980s, utilizing all practical special effects, The Kindred also stars Amanda Pays (TV's The Flash, Leviathan) and Talia Balsam (TV's Mad Men, Homeland).
|Label: Synapse Films|
|Run Time: 93 mins|
- All-new 4K high-definition remaster of the unrated version of the film
- New 5.1 English stereo surround remix (Original 2.0 mono theatrical mix also included)
- Audio commentary with directors Jeffrey Obrow and Stephen Carpenter, moderated by horror journalist Steve Barton
- Inhuman Experiments â The Making of âThe Kindred,â an all-new documentary (52 mins.)
- A special compilation of creature effects artist Michael McCracken, Jr.âs never-before-seen on-set footage (18 mins.)
- Still gallery and original storyboards
- Original theatrical trailer
- Original video promotional trailer
- TV spots
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.