Release Date: 10/22/19
From the imagination of Oscar-winning director Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, The Shape of Water) comes Crimson Peak, a lavish, stunningly realized journey into the dark heart of Gothic romance...
Beginning in Buffalo, New York, during the 1880s, Crimson Peak stars Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland, Stoker) as Edith Cushing, an aspiring writer who is haunted by the death of her mother. Edith falls in love with seductive stranger Thomas Sharpe (Tom Hiddleston, The Avengers), who whisks her off to Allerdale Hall, his baronial, yet dilapidated English mansion built upon a mountain of blood-red clay. Here Edith meets Lucille (Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty), Thomas's sister who at times seems hostile and jealous. As Edith struggles to feel at home in the imposing residence, she gradually uncovers a horrendous family secret and encounters supernatural forces that will help her discover the terrible truth behind Crimson Peak.
Boasting incredibly intricate and ornate production design and a rich visual style, del Toro's film is a grandiose, boldly baroque triumph of Gothic decadence, which expertly combines and contrasts the sublimely beautiful with the shockingly grotesque. Crimson Peak is presented here with a wealth of extra features, affording unprecedented insight into the making of this modern Gothic classic.
|Label: Arrow Video|
|Run Time: 119 mins|
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Optional Descriptive Video Service (DVS) for the visually impaired
- Audio commentary by co-writer and director Guillermo del Toro
- The House is Alive: Constructing Crimson Peak, a feature-length documentary with cast and crew interviews and extensive behind the scenes footage
- Spanish language interview with Guillermo del Toro
- The Gothic Corridor, The Scullery, The Red Clay Mines, The Limbo Fog Set; four featurettes exploring different aspects of Allerdale Hall
- A Primer on Gothic Romance, the director and stars talk about the key traits of Gothic romance
- The Light and Dark of Crimson Peak, the cast and crew talk about the filmâs use of color
- Hand Tailored Gothic, a featurette on the filmâs striking costumes
- A Living Thing, a look at the design, modeling and construction of the Allerdale Hall sets
- Beware of Crimson Peak, a walking tour around Allerdale Hall with Tom Hiddleston
- Crimson Phantoms, a featurette on the filmâs amazing ghosts
- Kim Newman on Crimson Peak and the Tradition of Gothic Romance, an interview with the author and critic
- Violence and Beauty in Guillermo del Toroâs Gothic Fairy Tale Films, a video essay by the writer Kat Ellinger
- Deleted scenes
- Image gallery
- Original trailers and TV spots
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.