Release Date: 07/17/18
If you thought Sex and the City 2 was a stomach-churner, you ain't seen nothing yet! Long before playing one of Carrie Bradshaw's best gal pals, actress Kristen Davis found herself up against an altogether different kind of horror in 1987's Doom Asylum: a riotous mix of gore, gags and goth girl groups galore!
When a group of horny teens wind up on the grounds of a creepy abandoned asylum, they think they've found the perfect place to party. Little do they know that inside the building's crumbling walls lurks a freakishly deformed maniac, driven to madness by the tragic loss of his fiancÃ©e in a car accident. With an array of grisly surgical tools at his disposal, it's only a matter of time before the youngsters begin meeting various splattery ends at the hands of the ghoulish Coroner.
Helmed by director Richard Friedman (Scared Stiff and Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge), and also starring Penthouse Pet of the Year 1988 Patty Mullen (Frankenhooker), Doom Asylum combines outlandish gore and a wise-cracking villain to create one of the most wildly entertainingly blood-spattered slashers of the late '80s.
|Label: Arrow Video|
|Run Time: 79 mins|
- Brand new 2K restoration from the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- 1.85:1 and 1.33:1 versions of the feature
- Original uncompressed PCM mono audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary with screenwriter Rick Marx
- Brand new audio commentary with The Hysteria Continues
- Tina's Terror - a brand new interview with actress Ruth Collins
- Movie Madhouse - a brand new interview with director of photography Larry Revene
- Morgues & Mayhem - a brand new interview with special make-up effects creator Vincent J. Guastini
- Archival Interviews with producer Alexander W. Kogan, Jr., director Richard Friedman and production manager Bill Tasgal
- Still Gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Justin Osbourne
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Fully-illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing by Amanda Reyes
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.