Release Date: 06/20/23
Thomas goes to Munich where he finds his ex-girlfriend who lives a commune lifestyle where she and her roommates kill their boyfriends after five days
Thomas (Marquard Bohm, Kings of the Road) gets a ride to Munich where he finds his ex-girlfriend Peggy (counter culture activist and model Uschi Obermaier) who takes him in. In her flat he finds Peggy and her roommates have a commune-like lifestyle where they kill the men in their lives after five days, but will Thomas realize in time?
LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
|Run Time: 86 mins|
- Select scene commentary with Thome and Rainer Langhans, Obermaierâs boyfriend and Kommune 1 member who served as inspiration for the film and was on set for the shoot
- Rote Sonne between Pop Sensibility and Social Critique - A newly produced visual essay by scholar Johannes von Moltke on Red Sun, which looks at the social and cultural influences on the film and provides context for the era in which it was made (2022, 21
- From Oberhausen to the Fall of the Wall: A visual essay by academic and programmer Margaret Deriaz tracing the development of the New German Cinema from the Oberhausen Manifesto to the fall of the Berlin wall (2023, 50 mins)
- Reversible sleeve featuring designs based on original posters
- Limited edition 52-page booklet featuring new writing on the film by Samm Deighan, newly translated archival letters by Wim Wenders, critic Enno Patalas and the German Film Evaluation Office on the filmâs official submission, newly translated archival int
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.