Release Date: 06/21/22
WELCOME TO HELL WEEK!
Satantic secrets and telekenetic terror combine in this Carrie-inspired made-for-TV horror movie directed by Hammer Films alumnus Robert Day (She), from a story co-written by Tom Holland (Fright Night), featuring cinematography by Ric Waite (48 Hrs).
Shy misfit Sarah Goodwin (Kay Lenz, House), has a secret gift: the ability to control -- and destroy -- with her mind. When Sarah goes off to college with her more outgoing and popular sister, Patty (Morgan Brittany, Sundown: The Vampire In Retreat), their plans to join the most prestigious sorority on campus are scuttled by snobby president, Jennifer Lawrence (Morgan Fairchild, Phantom of the Mall). Separated from her sister, Sarah is taken in by a rival, less popular sorority, whose mysterious house mother, Mrs. Hunter (Shelley Winters, The Night of the Hunter), is harboring a secret of her own: a scheme to harness Sarah's terrifying power for revenge. Betrayed by Patty, humiliated by Jennifer, it can only be a matter of time before Sorority Hell Week erupts in flame!
Making its Blu-Ray debut with an all-new restoration by Arrow Films from the original camera negative, The Initiation of Sarah has never looked better and comes packed with all new bonus materials.
|Label: Arrow Video|
|Run Time: 96 mins|
- Brand new 2K restoration from the original camera negative by Arrow Films
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
- Original lossless mono audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary by TV Movie expert Amanda Reyes
- Welcome to Hell Week: A Pledgeâs Guide to the Initiation of Sarah, a brand new appreciation by critic Stacie Ponder and Queer Horror programmer Anthony Hudson, hosts of the Gaylords of Darkness podcast, celebrating the film through a queer feminist lens
- Cracks in the Sisterhood: Second Wave Feminism and The Initiation of Sarah, a brand new visual essay by film critic and historian Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
- The Intimations of Sarah, a brand new interview with film critic Samantha McLaren looking at witchcraft, empowerment, TV movies, and telekinetic shy girls post Carrie
- The Initiation of Tom, a brand new interview with Tom Holland on this his first film writing credit
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Luke Insect
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY fully illustrated collectorâs booklet featuring new writing by Lindsay Hallam and Alexandra West
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.